Seattle Public Schools
This project repurposed and modernized the existing 255,000-SF building that had been used as an intermediate site for multiple schools and programs for the previous 20 years. It was originally built in 1906, and the building façade, interior stairwells, and the site are designated historic landmarks.
After renovation, the building became once more a high school, with a capacity of 1,600 students.
We provided design and construction phase commissioning for the project, which includes all new mechanical, electrical, and life-safety systems. System components included a central building automation system and HVAC system consisting of nine energy recovery air handling units, three boilers, 130 terminal units, domestic hot water equipment, air compressor, lighting controls, utility metering, and energy monitoring.